- They can perform at Wembley, but can they bake on a windy November night?
- Four England stars were asked to bake gingerbread men based off footballers
- Southgate’s loyalty to his players is an issue and a weakness – It’s All Kicking Off
The Arsenal midfielder was unsure of how to use his scalpel to cut out the shape of his tasty humanoid treat.
They may have graced football’s biggest stages but the England stars were pushed to the limit in a 35-minute Channel 4 Great British Bake Off special hosted by Paul Hollywood.
Rice was shown struggling to estbalish what way he was supposed to hold the scalpel.
England stars Kieran Trippier (far left), Declan Rice (second left), Jordan Henderson (second from right) and Trent Alexander-Arnold (far right) all took on a Great British Bake Off challenge
Declan Rice struggled with his scalpel on the Bake-Off competition between England players
Kieran Trippier pointed out that his hand was shaking in the high-pressure baking contest
Your browser does not support iframes.
Reading the instructions, he said: ‘Place the careboard template on the biscuit dough and carefully cut out the shape of the footballer.
‘What am I cutting with, this? I don’t even know which way it’s supposed to be used!
‘I don’t even know where I’m going, what I’m doing.’
He was later heard shouting for help after encountering difficulty in transferring his creation onto a baking sheet.
Steven Gerrard, midfielder Jordan Henderson favoured Paul Gascoigne, whilst Kieran Trippier opted for Wayne Rooney – though you might have struggled to tell that from the final product alone.
Across the room, Trippier sniggered at Rice’s shortcomings but wasn’t free of his own.
‘Look at this, I’m shaking!’ he said, showing his restless hand. Trippier confessed that he felt ‘more nervous doing this than playing football’.
Jordan Henderson tried to steal Trent Alexander-Arnold’s flour and complained that he was ‘crumbling’
Alexander-Arnold appeared to have the best time – but the final results will be visible on Channel 4’s YouTube channel from 5.30pm on Friday
Meanwhile, Henderson looked to be doing okay but was self-critical. ‘Come on man, give us a break. I’m just crumbling,’ he said.
He appeared to have it in for his Alexander-Arnold after first attempting to steal his flour and then obstructing him in the kitchen.
Alexander-Arnold rose above his competition to highlight what avenue he could go down after his football career.
The right-back shone and received a glowing report from host Hollywood.
He said: ‘I made a fondant one time and it was lovely. It was moist, it never dried out, it never collapsed, it oozed out. It was absolutely stunning, you know?
Paul Hollywood did not hold back in his feedback at the end, with the footballers enjoying mixed success
‘I’m gonna do Stevie G [as my gingerbread man]. My idol growing up, my England and Liverpool idol, pay homage.’
Hollywood told him that he had it ‘in the bag’ and ‘don’t worry about the other guys’ as the Liverpool star flourished.
‘Keep it quiet. I don’t want to dishearten the lads, so keep that between us,’ Alexander-Arnold joked.
However, despite his confidence, viewers will have to wait until 5.30pm today to see who is crowned star baker when the full video is released on Channel 4’s YouTube channel.
Source From: Football | Mail Online
- FlowCart Review – The Next-GEN App Building Highly Profitable eCom Funnels Preloaded With 100s of Winning Products And Convert 10x More Than Regular eCom Stores!
- PixaSuite AI Review – The World’s First 9-in-1 AI App That Allows Us To Start, Promote, And Scale Any Business In Any Niche!
- LeadPulse Review – Brand New Software To Amplify Lead Generation, Elevate Your Strategies, Multiply Your Leads, And Dominate Your Market Effortlessly!
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!
- LearnX Review – The #1 To Market AI System Creates Self-Managed Academy Sites, And Prefill It With Tons of Unique AI-Generated Courses