Several important developments are shaping the market across Europe, with Barcelona working on young talent, managerial situations evolving and notable free agents becoming available.
Ajay Tavares set to join Barcelona
Fabrizio Romano has confirmed that Barcelona’s quest to strengthen their youth ranks continues, with another player secured.
“Barcelona have completed all the formal steps to sign Ajay Tavares for the Barca B team,” he told his YouTube channel.
“The English winger, born in 2009 and currently at Norwich, had already accepted the move in January, but there were still details to clarify between the clubs.
“Now everything is agreed. Tavares will travel to Spain on Sunday and undergo his medical on Monday. It is a here we go.
“In the summer it will be time for Tavares to join officially, as the agreement with Norwich and with the player is fully in place.
“German clubs, including RB Leipzig, tried to hijack the deal in January, but the player’s priority was always Barcelona.
“The strategy led by Deco and the technical department continues – extending contracts and investing in talent for the future.”
Oliver Glasner and Crystal Palace tensions
Crystal Palace manager Oliver Glasner is expected to leave at the end of the season – but the partnership could be shattered even earlier than that.
“Following the European game on Thursday, there were tense hours between Oliver Glasner and Crystal Palace,” Romano explained.
“There were direct discussions between Glasner and the board, and the situation remains complicated.
“As previously reported, Glasner is expected to leave Palace in the summer, and that position has been clear for some time.
“There was even a possibility that the separation could happen earlier, but the club have informed Glasner that they want to continue with him for now.
“The relationship is tense, but as of today Palace intend to proceed with Glasner.
“For next season, Glasner is prepared to take on a new challenge.
“He is highly regarded around Europe, especially after winning the Europa League with Eintracht Frankfurt and delivering strong results at Palace.
“There is significant interest in him ahead of the summer.”
Zinedine Zidane and France national team plan
Across at Real Madrid, Alvaro Arbeloa may be winning games, but it is not stopping a string of big names being linked with the job, including Zinedine Zidane.
Romano outlined Zidane’s situation and says the France team will be his next job:
“There continue to be rumours linking Zinedine Zidane with Real Madrid and other roles, but the situation remains clear.
“There is a verbal agreement in place between Zidane and the French Federation for him to become France manager after the World Cup.
“There is maximum respect for Didier Deschamps, who remains fully focused on the tournament.
“After the World Cup, Zidane is expected to take over the national team.
“It is important to remember that it is only a verbal agreement, and in football anything can change until contracts are signed.”
Arne Slot backed by Liverpool
Another manager feeling the heat is Liverpool manager Arne Slot, though in his case, this is less pressing.
“Despite speculation in recent months, Liverpool continue to support Arne Slot,” Romano said.
“Even during more complicated moments, the club have maintained their backing.
“There are no immediate changes planned regarding Slot’s future.
“Before the summer transfer window there will be an internal review, and factors such as the Champions League campaign and the overall finish to the season will be important.
“For now, the message from Liverpool is clear – full support for the manager.”
Philippe Coutinho leaves Vasco da Gama
Former Liverpool star Philippe Coutinho, meanwhile, is looking for a new challenge.
“ Philippe Coutinho has decided to leave Vasco da Gama as a free agent,” Romano explained.
“The 33-year-old, formerly of Barcelona and Liverpool, is now available on the market with immediate effect.
“There have been rumours about LA Galaxy, but at this stage there is nothing advanced, close or completed.
“It is an open situation, and there could be opportunities developing in the coming weeks.”
Bernardo Silva contract one to watch in 2026
Rumours have been building over the future of Manchester City ace Bernardo Silva, who will be out of contract in the summer.
“Looking ahead to 2026, it will be a major year not only for managers but also for free agents,” Romano said.
“One name to monitor closely is Bernardo Silva, whose contract with Manchester City is due to expire.
“His situation will be one of several important stories to follow as the next cycle of negotiations approaches.”
Related stories:
EXCLUSIVE: Arsenal in talks over €80m Rafael Leao move
EXCLUSIVE: Nottingham Forest eye summer move for Arsenal wonderkid
The FootballTransfers app
Check out FootballTransfers’ new app for all of football’s big storylines, transfer rumours and exclusive news in one convenient place directly on your mobile device.
The FootballTransfers app is available on Google Play and in the Apple App Store. Download here:
Source From: Football Transfer News Archive including Premier League & La Liga
Source link
- Empowering Entrepreneurs with WindigiMarketing: A Guide to Online Success
- Navigating Affiliate Marketing Success with WindigiMarketing.com
- Sonic Review – The World #1 App Allows You To Launch Your Own AI Streaming Platform Preloaded With Over 100 Million Artists, Playlists, Podcasts, Genres, Audiobooks & Radio Channel And Tap Into 600 Million Paid Members!
- Voixr Review – The #1 Emotional-Based-Human-Like Voice Cloning AI Powered App Cloning and Speaking In 1,800+ Voices With 144 Native Languages Instantly Without Recording or Any Tech Skills!
- SiteRobot AI Review – The #1 AI-Powered App Let Us Build Complete Websites + Contents Instantly By Using Just Your Keyword!