- A former Chelsea youth star has earned his first international call up with Wales
- The defender won three FA Youth Cups during his time at Stamford Bridge
- Why we should get excited about Cole Palmer – Listen here to It’s All Coming Up
A former Chelsea wonderkid has recently received his first international call-up with Wales.
The news comes despite the ex-Chelsea defender previously representing England at every age level between Under-16 and Under-21.
He played 13 times for England’s Under-21 set-up – with his last appearance for the Three Lions coming back in 2019.
The full-back has impressed Rob Page after featuring heavily for his current club Coventry City far this season.
A former Chelsea starlet has received his first international call up with Wales
Jay Dasilva has been called up to the Wales squad for the first time despite representing England at youth level
Your browser does not support iframes.
Jay Dasilva has been added to the Wales squad for their Euro 2024 qualifiers against Armenia and Turkey.
Dasilva, who was born in Luton, qualifies for Wales through his grandmother – who was born in Pontypridd.
Page’s side will be looking to qualify for the tournament and currently sit second in Group D – level on points with Croatia.
They will qualify for Euro 2024, providing they win their last two group games.
Wales face Armenia in Yerevan on Saturday, 18 November, before facing Turkey in Cardiff just three days later.
Dasilva comes in for Ipswich’s Wes Burns after he suffered a shoulder injury against Gibraltar last month.
Despite returning to Ipswich last weekend, it was deemed that Burns was not fit enough to feature for Wales this month.
Dasilva enjoyed a successful youth career with Chelsea – winning the FA Youth Cup three times.
During his time at Stamford Bridge, Dasilva won the FA Youth Cup three times
During his time at Stamford Bridge, he had a few loan spells with Charlton and Bristol City.
In 2019, City decided to make the move permanent – with the defender signing a four year deal.
Dasilva signed for Coventry in the summer after he was released by Bristol City after a four year spell at Ashton Gate.
The 25-year-old has played 15 times for the Sky Blues so far this season. Despite the club currently sitting 20th in the Championship, with just three wins all season, Dasilva’s form has been good enough to earn his first international call up.
IT’S ALL KICKING OFF!
Source From: Premier League News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!
- ScriptioAI Review – The First To Market and ONLY Tool To Combine The Power Of Google Bard, Microsoft, & ChatGPT To Create Digital Marketing Assets With Ease!
- Zeus Review – The Brand New Set & Forget AI-Powered App Turning TikTok Into A $483/Day Viral Traffic Machine!
- Ink Buddy AI Review – The First To Market AI-Powered App Creates Fully Customized Ebooks, Flipbooks & Other Info Products From A Single Keyword Without Writing A Single Word Or Doing Anything Yourself!
- ResponseKraft Review – The World’s First A.I. App Exploiting Thread, Twitter and Quora And Hijack 2,567 Clicks Daily For 100% Free!