- Lineker BBC’s highest-paid on-air talent for six years despite COVID paycut
- PLUS: EFL to hold talks with FA over Swindon Town’s £1.25m Chelsea loan
- England will struggle to win a trophy with Kalvin Phillips – It’s Kicking Off
Lineker’s £1.35million-a-year contract expires when the BBC’s existing deal for highlights runs out at the end of next season, and the corporation are eager to secure their top-paid presenter.
The 62-year-old was suspended for a week by the BBC last March after declaring that the Government’s language around asylum policy was ‘not dissimilar to that used by Germany in the 30s’. BBC colleagues — including pundits and commentators — went on strike in support of Lineker and an independent panel subsequently ruled that the BBC’s non-news presenters should be able to express political opinions.
Lineker has continued to talk politics, backing pro-Palestine marches since the terrorist attacks in Israel last month and supporting protesters’ right to hold events in London on Armistice Day.
The BBC will look to enter talks with Match of the Day presenter Gary Lineker over a new deal
In March, Lineker was suspended from the corporation for a week after posting a tweet that compared language used by the Government to that of ‘Germany in the 30s’
Your browser does not support iframes.
He has been the BBC’s highest-paid on-air talent for six years, although did volunteer to take a pay-cut from his previous salary of £1.75m in 2020. In addition to retaining Match of the Day, the BBC will have Champions League highlights from next season, which may appeal to Lineker, who previously presented coverage of the competition for BT Sport.
The EFL will hold talks with the FA over whether Swindon Town broke third-party influence rules following reports the League Two club accepted a £1.25m loan from Roman Abramovich six years ago. The former Chelsea owner is alleged to have issued the loan to Swindon through a company registered in the British Virgin Islands, Leiston Holdings, which was never repaid. Both clubs face charges.
The Premier League have suffered a setback in the domestic TV rights auction, with Apple TV confirming they do not intend to bid. The streaming service are only interested in buying content which gives them global rights, whereas the Premier League sell rights regionally.
IT’S ALL KICKING OFF!
Source From: Premier League News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- PixaSuite AI Review – The World’s First 9-in-1 AI App That Allows Us To Start, Promote, And Scale Any Business In Any Niche!
- LeadPulse Review – Brand New Software To Amplify Lead Generation, Elevate Your Strategies, Multiply Your Leads, And Dominate Your Market Effortlessly!
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!
- LearnX Review – The #1 To Market AI System Creates Self-Managed Academy Sites, And Prefill It With Tons of Unique AI-Generated Courses
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!