- Emma Hayes is set to earn the exact same salary as Gregg Berhalter
- Hayes is set to join the team in the summer after Chelsea’s season is over
- DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
Gregg Berhalter will now be colleagues with one of the brightest minds in the women’s game – and he has nothing but praise for the coach and the federation.
Earlier this week, it was announced that Emma Hayes will become the next manager of the United States women’s national team when the current club season ends.
Berhalter – who is set to trot out his US men’s national team in Austin, Texas against Trinidad & Tobago on Thursday night – seemed happy with US Soccer’s choice in hiring Hayes in a press conference on Wednesday.
‘I think it’s great that U.S. Soccer went out and hired the person they want,’ Berhalter said. ‘What I know about Emma, the soccer world is a small world and you hear nothing but good things about Emma.
USMNT boss Gregg Berhalter praised US Soccer’s choice in hiring Emma Hayes
Hayes is set to make the jump from Chelsea to the US women’s national team job next year
‘I’ve reached out to her and we have had some brief exchanges but I don’t know her well.
‘Everything you hear about her is how thorough she is, how process-oriented it is, how bright she is, how she’s so focused on team culture and teamwork.
‘I think it’s an exciting step for the women’s team, which has already been a groundbreaking team and already been a team that just performs on the field, breaking down barriers off the field. You name it, they’ve done it.
‘I think this is a fitting appointment and it speaks highly of [US Soccer sporting director] Matt Crocker and what he was able to do to get together good coaching pool.’
Hayes’ appointment is set to mark a turning point for the USWNT as the top manager in the game will be heading to coach the all-time winningest team in women’s football.
Not only that, but she’ll be earning a salary that matches the weight of her expectations in the job.
In the announcement, US Soccer said that they would make Hayes ‘the highest paid women’s soccer coach in the world’.
While her salary wasn’t officially announced, it’s believed that she will earn the same amount of money as Berhalter’s $1.6m contract, according to multiple reports.
Berhalter said that the hiring of the Chelsea boss is ‘an exciting step for the women’s team’
Hayes will remain in charge of Chelsea until the current season comes to a conclusion
Hayes will be tossed right into the fire with the USWNT – as she’s set to take over the team just prior to the 2024 Summer Olympics in Paris.
She’ll be tasked with turning around a team that just came off their worst World Cup performance in team history.
Under Vlatko Andonovski, the team crashed out in the Round of 16 – the first time ever that the United States hadn’t finished in at least 3rd place at a World Cup.
Source From: Football | Mail Online
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!
- LearnX Review – The #1 To Market AI System Creates Self-Managed Academy Sites, And Prefill It With Tons of Unique AI-Generated Courses
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!
- ScriptioAI Review – The First To Market and ONLY Tool To Combine The Power Of Google Bard, Microsoft, & ChatGPT To Create Digital Marketing Assets With Ease!
- Zeus Review – The Brand New Set & Forget AI-Powered App Turning TikTok Into A $483/Day Viral Traffic Machine!