- Spain beat Cyprus 3-1 in their penultimate game of Euro 2024 qualifying
- Barcelona wonderkid Lamine Yamal, 16, opened the scoring with a fine goal
- Southgate’s loyalty to his players is an issue and a weakness – It’s All Kicking Off
Barcelona wonderkid Lamine Yamal scored a superb goal for Spain against Cyprus on Thursday night, netting for the second time in just three international caps.
Yamal, who is still only 16, made history in April when he became the youngest player to ever play for the Catalan giants after he came off the bench at the age of 15 during a LaLiga clash with Real Betis.
He continues to go from strength-to-strength and has become a key member of Xavi‘s side, making 17 appearances in all competitions this season.
He was called up to the Spain squad for the first time in August and scored on his international debut against Georgia in a 7-1 Euro 2024 qualifying win, becoming La Roja’s youngest ever player and scorer in the process.
And on Thursday, in what was just his third appearance for Luis de la Fuente’s side, Yamal netted again during a 3-1 victory over Cyprus.
Barcelona wonderkid Lamine Yamal, 16, scored a superb goal in Spain’s 3-1 win against Cyprus
Yamal – who is Spain’s youngest-ever player and scorer – has netted twice in three La Roja caps
Your browser does not support iframes.
As the ball came out to him on the right side of the area, Yamal faked to shoot, beating both the goalkeeper and a defender, before he cooly slotted home with two more Cypriot defenders on the line.
Mikel Oyarzabal and Joselu then put Spain 3-0 up inside 30 minutes in Limasol, with Cyprus pulling a consolation goal back through Kostas Pileas late on.
Despite Spain having already qualified for Euro 2024, the victory could potentially be pivotal as La Roja are fighting it out with Scotland to win their group and secure a position as a top seed for next summer’s tournament.
However, Steve Clarke’s side struggled to a 2-2 draw with Georgia, meaning Spain are now two points clear of their rivals with one group game to go, while they also have a much superior goal difference.
Yamal, a La Masia graduate, is an explosive winger who can play on both sides, although he featured on the right side of attack on Thursday and his goal opened the scoring.
He has also added three assists and scored one goal this season for Barcelona, and has now netted twice in just three international caps.
Yamal has quickly become a regular player for Barcelona this season despite his tender age
The 3-1 victory puts Spain in a strong position to top their qualifying group ahead of Scotland
Source From: LaLiga News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!
- ScriptioAI Review – The First To Market and ONLY Tool To Combine The Power Of Google Bard, Microsoft, & ChatGPT To Create Digital Marketing Assets With Ease!
- Zeus Review – The Brand New Set & Forget AI-Powered App Turning TikTok Into A $483/Day Viral Traffic Machine!
- Ink Buddy AI Review – The First To Market AI-Powered App Creates Fully Customized Ebooks, Flipbooks & Other Info Products From A Single Keyword Without Writing A Single Word Or Doing Anything Yourself!
- ResponseKraft Review – The World’s First A.I. App Exploiting Thread, Twitter and Quora And Hijack 2,567 Clicks Daily For 100% Free!