- Liverpool chiefs have flown to Brazil to try and persuade Lucas Beraldo to join
- The Reds could pay up to £20m to sign the centre-half in the January window
- What is the WORST Premier League hat-trick? – Find out on It’s All Coming Up
Liverpool chiefs have flown to Brazil for talks over £20m-rated centre-half Lucas Beraldo to try and solve their defensive issues, according to a new report.
Beraldo, 19, plays for Sao Paulo, but met with members of the Reds team after a game last week, who hope to bring him to Anfield in the January transfer window.
Jurgen Klopp‘s side are desperate for a fresh defender at the heart of their backline, and it appears that the Brazilian under-20 international is near the top of their wishlist, if the price is right.
The Sun report on the trip for Liverpool’s chief negotiators, with 6ft 1in Beraldo featuring as a central defender in both Sao Paulo’s home games in November, successive 1-0 wins against Cruzeiro and Bragantino.
Beraldo, who turns 20 later this month, has been part of the set-up at Sao Paulo since 2020, and made his professional debut at the 2022 Copa Sudamericana in May of that year.
Liverpool chiefs have flown to Brazil for talks with £20m-rated centre-half Lucas Beraldo
Jurgen Klopp was not impressed with his side’s defensive showing during defeat to Toulouse
Your browser does not support iframes.
Liverpool could offer him a quick route into their side, and the Reds want to move quickly to ensure they beat rival clubs who may also be attracted to the teen’s talent.
Klopp’s side conceded 10 goals in their first 11 games of the Premier League season, and are looking ahead as they continue to fight on several fronts in the current campaign, with a League Cup quarter-final on the horizon and topping their Europa League group with two matches remaining.
However, Klopp attacked Liverpool’s poor defending during their defeat to Toulouse on Thursday night.
The German boss said that the Reds were not aggressive enough and struggled to deal with the raucous atmosphere at Kenilworth Road during their 1-1 draw with Luton Town last weekend, with a similar situation arising in France.
Beraldo is not the only Brazilian star Klopp’s side are considering bringing to the Premier League, with Fluminense midfielder Andre Trindade also on their radar.
Liverpool were linked to the 22-year-old in the summer, but he attracted more plaudits for his role in Fluminense’s Copa Libertadores win last weekend.
Beraldo, who turns 20 later this month, has been part of the set-up at Sao Paulo since 2020
Source From: Premier League News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- eBGenius Review – A Brand-New Software Creates Professionally Looking 50,000+ Children Story eBooks with Beautiful Templates, Powerful AI Images!
- FlowCart Review – The Next-GEN App Building Highly Profitable eCom Funnels Preloaded With 100s of Winning Products And Convert 10x More Than Regular eCom Stores!
- PixaSuite AI Review – The World’s First 9-in-1 AI App That Allows Us To Start, Promote, And Scale Any Business In Any Niche!
- LeadPulse Review – Brand New Software To Amplify Lead Generation, Elevate Your Strategies, Multiply Your Leads, And Dominate Your Market Effortlessly!
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!