- Erik ten Hag wanted game time for players not away on international duty
- Carrington match against the Tigers ended in a 1-1 draw on Tuesday
- It’s a three-team title race… Toney could lead Arsenal to glory: It’s All Kicking Off
Erik ten Hag wanted to get some minutes into the legs of United players not away on international duty this week as he looks to improve the team’s form after an inconsistent start this season.
The Manchester Evening News reported that a makeshift United side was fielded against the Tigers, mixing first-team players in need of action and academy talents.
They said the game ended in a 1-1 draw against Liam Rosenior’s side, who currently sit eighth in the Championship table.
£83million winger Antony has yet to register a goal or an assist in 12 outings for United this season and was overlooked for the latest Brazil squad for their 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Colombia and Argentina.
Erik ten Hag gave runouts to some of his Manchester United players not away with their countries in a behind-closed-doors friendly with Championship side Hull City
Antony (left) and Donny van de Beek (right) were among the United players who featured
The Tigers sit eighth in the Championship table, having beaten Huddersfield last time out
Your browser does not support iframes.
Dutch midfielder Van de Beek has played just 21 minutes of football this season having suffered a serious knee injury earlier in the year.
Those appearances came in the same week against Crystal Palace in the Carabao Cup and then the Premier League.
Hannibal Mejbri also reportedly featured in the match at Carrington alongside youngsters including Joe Hugill, Toby Collyer and Willy Kambwala.
A number of former United academy players were invited to watch on.
Rosenior revealed he’d arranged the behind-closed-doors friendly against a ‘really top team’ after Hull beat Huddersfield in the Championship – but didn’t say it was United.
The Hull Daily Mail reported he was delighted with the workout and the experience his players gained as the Tigers looks to push on into the Championship play-off places.
Hannibal Mejbri also featured in the behind-closed-doors friendly game on Tuesday
Joe Hugill was among a number of United academy players who featured in the friendly
United, meanwhile, face a trio of tough away fixtures when club football returns with Premier League visits to Everton and Newcastle United sandwiching a must-win trip to Galatasaray in the Champions League.
Despite suffering five league defeats so far, United sit sixth in the table, just five points off fourth.
However, Ten Hag’s team have exited the Carabao Cup and have lost three of their opening four Champions League group games to prop up the table.
IT’S ALL KICKING OFF!
Source From: Premier League News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- PixaSuite AI Review – The World’s First 9-in-1 AI App That Allows Us To Start, Promote, And Scale Any Business In Any Niche!
- LeadPulse Review – Brand New Software To Amplify Lead Generation, Elevate Your Strategies, Multiply Your Leads, And Dominate Your Market Effortlessly!
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!
- LearnX Review – The #1 To Market AI System Creates Self-Managed Academy Sites, And Prefill It With Tons of Unique AI-Generated Courses
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!