Morgan Gibbs-White holds further talks with Nottingham Forest amid dispute over planned £60m move to Tottenham, but does train with his team-mates as Premier League weighs up investigation

Morgan Gibbs-White holds further talks with Nottingham Forest amid dispute over planned £60m move to Tottenham, but does train with his team-mates as Premier League weighs up investigation

Morgan Gibbs-White has held further talks with Nottingham Forest and trained with his team-mates amid his club’s dispute with Tottenham.

The England international looked set to sign for Spurs last week for about £60million, until the deal was dramatically halted when Forest reported Spurs to the Premier League for an alleged ‘illegal’ approach.

That meant Gibbs-White was back at Forest’s training ground on Monday, having been given extra time off because he played for England in June.

The 25-year-old has a release clause which Spurs are thought to have triggered, but Forest were furious with their approach and accused them of effectively tapping up the player.

Mail Sport understands Forest told Tottenham not to make any further contact with Gibbs-White and have written to both Spurs and the Premier League.

Premier League officials are now likely to decide whether to investigate.

Morgan Gibbs-White has returned to Nottingham Forest training and held further talks with club bosses amid the dispute over his proposed £60m move to Tottenham Hotspur

Nottingham Forest have now told Tottenham not to make any further contact with Gibbs-White - pictured last month on holiday with his fiancee Britney De Villiers

Nottingham Forest have now told Tottenham not to make any further contact with Gibbs-White – pictured last month on holiday with his fiancee Britney De Villiers

An explosive letter has been sent to Tottenham's Daniel Levy and the Premier League over a legal action

Nottingham Forest owner Evangelos Marinakis will be eager to keep Gibbs-White at the City Ground

Incensed Nottingham Forest officials claim Spurs tapped up the player ahead of a £60m move

Should they do so, and should Spurs be found guilty, they could face a hefty fine or even a transfer ban.

While Forest declined to comment, it is thought they attempted to resolve the situation amicably, but have not been able to do so.

As a result, an explosive letter has been sent to Tottenham and the Premier League. 

They have also raised the prospect of legal action. Spurs declined to comment and the League were contacted for comment.

The midfielder has four England caps and had been of interest to Manchester City this summer.

He scored seven goals and registered eight assists in 34 Premier League matches as Forest ended the season in seventh.


Source From: Premier League News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online

Source link

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts
This website has updated its privacy policy in compliance with changes to European Union data protection law, for all members globally. We’ve also updated our Privacy Policy to give you more information about your rights and responsibilities with respect to your privacy and personal information. Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our updated privacy policy.
Blogarama - Blog Directory