Torres enjoyed a successful spell with Manchester City before making a shock transfer to Barca in January 2022 for €55 million.
He signed a five-year deal with the club at that point, contracting him through until June 2027, but he has lost his status as a starter and is a player the Camp Nou side could sell next summer.
Newcastle have taken an interest in the Spanish attacker, according to Fichajes and are ready to pay up to €40m for the 22-year-old in a deal that would surely tempt Barca to sell.
Ferran’s performance at Camp Nou has “clearly been below expectations”, and that combined with the economic need of the club is pushing him to become the first major casualty of the summer transfer window.
Barcelona pushed to sell Ferran
Xavi’s club are under severe financial pressure, and while they have resisted this impressively for the past couple of seasons, it has cost them the opportunity to re-sign Lionel Messi, for example.
As such, big sales are required and Ferran is a player who could logically be sold in order to free up wages, transfer funds and a space in the squad.
He started the season in promising form, scoring four times in his first three outings, but he has not netted in la Liga since 16 September, despite starting five of eight matches since then.
The Catalans will need to move him on for around €30m to break even on the player from an accounting perspective, so if they were to recoup a transfer fee in the region of the €40m that Newcastle are proposing, that would be regarded as a profit. Such an offer would, therefore, have to be considered highly tempting.
Source From: Football Transfer News Archive including Premier League & La Liga
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!
- LearnX Review – The #1 To Market AI System Creates Self-Managed Academy Sites, And Prefill It With Tons of Unique AI-Generated Courses
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!
- ScriptioAI Review – The First To Market and ONLY Tool To Combine The Power Of Google Bard, Microsoft, & ChatGPT To Create Digital Marketing Assets With Ease!
- Zeus Review – The Brand New Set & Forget AI-Powered App Turning TikTok Into A $483/Day Viral Traffic Machine!