- Sir Jim Ratcliffe is on the brink of securing a 25 per cent stake in the Red Devils
- Scholes doubts Ratcliffe will have control of all football-related matters
- Southgate’s loyalty to his players is an issue and a weakness – It’s All Kicking Off
Paul Scholes has cast doubt over whether Sir Jim Ratcliffe would be allowed to have total control over all football-related matters, ahead of his looming deal to buy a 25 per cent stake in Manchester United.
The petrochemicals billionaire is on the cusp of finalising a deal to buy a share of the club from the Glazer ownership to the tune of £1.3billion.
It is expected that the deal would see the INEOS owner take control of football operations at Old Trafford.
However, Manchester United legend Scholes still believes the Glazer family will want a say, and finds it hard to believe Ratcliffe will be ‘left to his own devices’ when he would only own 25 per cent of the club.
Scholes told the Webby & O’Neill YouTube channel: ‘I just find it difficult to believe that he’s going to be left to his own devices only owning 25 per cent of the football club.
Paul Scholes has cast doubt over whether Sir Jim Ratcliffe would be ‘left to his own devices’ over all things football-related by the Glazers ahead of his deal to buy a 25 per cent stake
Scholes described the partnership as ‘bizarre’ and suggested the Glazers will want ‘some say at the top table’ when it comes to football decisions
The Glazer family would still have majority control despite Ratcliffe’s impending £1.3bn investment
Your browser does not support iframes.
‘How are the Glazers not going to want a say at the top table when it comes to football decisions?
‘Obviously you can draw up contracts, of course you can, but if stuff is then happening that they don’t like, you’re telling me they’re not going to come to the table and have something to say about it? I’m sure they will.
‘I just find it bizarre. It’s obviously a stepping stone to him [Ratcliffe] taking over the club permanently, but how long that is going to be we don’t know. And how much time has he got to try and get things right?’
Scholes also admitted that he had a concern Ten Hag could leave the club as a result of Ratcliffe coming in.
When asked how uncertainty at the top of the club could impact the Dutchman, he added: ‘Sometimes you do worry for managers when new owners come into it.
‘I think it’s a worry [that Ten Hag might leave]. I think he should stay, I really like him
‘A brilliant first year with what he had to cope with. Yes, OK, he’s had a lot of injuries [this season] and the team hasn’t gone on from what we expected. But how many times can we keep sacking managers in the second or third year?
‘At some point we have to stay with them and I think this is the right manager to stay with. I think he’s ruthless, I think he knows what he wants. He’s not quite got it yet, but I think he eventually will do.’
Scholes also said that ‘it is a worry’ that current manager Erik ten Hag could leave the club
Ratcliffe’s £1.3bn investment is expected to be confirmed next week, but could take a further two months to be ratified by the Premier League.
Despite this, the club have already begun to make notable changes to their hierarchy, as United confirmed on Wednesday that CEO Richard Arnold would be stepping down from his role at the club.
There have also been reports that they are set to axe football director John Murtough, amid an overhaul to the club’s structure ahead of Ratcliffe’s arrival.
Source From: Football | Mail Online
- eBGenius Review – A Brand-New Software Creates Professionally Looking 50,000+ Children Story eBooks with Beautiful Templates, Powerful AI Images!
- FlowCart Review – The Next-GEN App Building Highly Profitable eCom Funnels Preloaded With 100s of Winning Products And Convert 10x More Than Regular eCom Stores!
- PixaSuite AI Review – The World’s First 9-in-1 AI App That Allows Us To Start, Promote, And Scale Any Business In Any Niche!
- LeadPulse Review – Brand New Software To Amplify Lead Generation, Elevate Your Strategies, Multiply Your Leads, And Dominate Your Market Effortlessly!
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!