The Saudi Pro League are targeting players ‘of the highest level’ ahead of the January transfer window.
Clubs in the division spent over £700 million in the summer, bringing in the likes of Neymar, Karim Benzema and Sadio Mane.
But they will not stop there, according to director of football Michael Emenalo, who is hoping to attract more top players in the future.
“I’m hoping (the January transfer window) is not very busy, because I think the job that was done has been quite interesting and aggressive, and most of the clubs, I believe, have what they need,” the former Chelsea technical director told the league’s media team.
“And hopefully the attention will now turn to work within the training facilities to improve these players and to allow the time to adapt and perform.
“Now, whatever additional improvement that we need to do for any club, with time on our hands and preparation, we believe will be additions of the highest level.
“We will continue to support and to see every opportunity we have to bring more talented individuals that want to come to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia that is open for business.”
Premier League stars linked
Mohamed Salah was the subject of a £150 million bid from Al-Ittihad in the summer, but Liverpool chose to turn it down.
The Reds are not willing to part ways with the club legend, though a figure towards £200m could be too good to turn down, especially if Salah is open to leaving.
The Egyptian is the most famous Arabic-speaking player in the world and that only heightens the Saudis’ interest in bringing him to the country.
🚨 EXCL: Paolo Maldini, main candidate to become new Al Ittihad director with new chapter in Saudi Pro League. 🇸🇦
Former AC Milan director, set to decide his future soon with Al Ittihad serious possibility being considered.
Al Ittihad also recently fired Nuno Espirito Santo. pic.twitter.com/mNQRkEYypJ
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) November 10, 2023
Manchester United pair Jadon Sancho and Raphael Varane are also wanted by Saudi clubs.
Sancho has been out of the United side since having a public falling-out with manager Erik ten Hag.
While, Varane is approaching the latter stages of his career and has suffered with injuries in recent seasons.
A move to Saudi Arabia could present the last lucrative contract he receives before he retires.
Source From: Football Transfer News Archive including Premier League & La Liga
- eBGenius Review – A Brand-New Software Creates Professionally Looking 50,000+ Children Story eBooks with Beautiful Templates, Powerful AI Images!
- FlowCart Review – The Next-GEN App Building Highly Profitable eCom Funnels Preloaded With 100s of Winning Products And Convert 10x More Than Regular eCom Stores!
- PixaSuite AI Review – The World’s First 9-in-1 AI App That Allows Us To Start, Promote, And Scale Any Business In Any Niche!
- LeadPulse Review – Brand New Software To Amplify Lead Generation, Elevate Your Strategies, Multiply Your Leads, And Dominate Your Market Effortlessly!
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!