- Son Heung-min plays down injury concerns after scare on international duty
- Spurs forward received treatment on foot injury in South Korea win vs Singapore
- Southgate’s loyalty to his players is an issue and a weakness – It’s All Kicking Off
Son Heung-min has shrugged off concerns of a serious foot injury after he appeared to take a knock while on international duty.
The Tottenham forward went down holding his ankle in the closing stages of South Korea’s 5-0 World Cup qualification win against Singapore, but was able to remain on the pitch for the final minutes of the game.
Son told reporters: ‘We are making a team for the World Cup, I can’t give up a game just because I feel pain.
‘If I can’t run anymore, then I can’t do anything about it but when I can run, I have to give 100% for the team.
Son Heung-min received treatment after taking a knock playing for South Korea
The Spurs captain lay on the turf in pain after taking a blow to his ankle during the match
Son had scored the third of South Korea’s five goals as they romped to a comfortable win
Your browser does not support iframes.
‘I am fine now, I don’t like to lie down [on the pitch] in the winter. At that moment, I couldn’t feel anything on my foot. I’m fine, no injury.’
The news will be welcomed by Postecoglou after a recent spate of injuries that have coincided with back-to-back defeats in the Premier League.
James Maddison and Micky van de Ven were both forced off in the 4-1 defeat to Chelsea, and it has since been confirmed that both will be out of action until the new year.
Postecoglou was also without defenders Cristian Romero and Destiny Udogie in Spurs’ last game against Wolves after both were sent off against Chelsea.
Spurs boss Ange Postecoglou is already facing an injury crisis that has hampered his promising start to life in north London
In the recent defeat to Chelsea, both Micky van de Ven (left) and James Maddison (right) were forced off with injuries that will keep them out until the new year
Romero remains suspended for upcoming games against Aston Villa and Manchester City and Udogie has been left out of the Italy squad for Euro 2024 qualifiers against North Macedonia and Ukraine due to injury, but could return from a one-match ban to face Villa.
Richarlison is also absent after undergoing surgery on a groin injury.
However, club captain Son appeared to be fine as he waved to supporters in Seoul following South Korea’s victory on Thursday night.
He is set to return to London following the game in China, and will be looking to add to the eight Premier League goals he already has to his name against Unai Emery’s men.
Source From: Premier League News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- GPT Studio Review – The World #1 Real Open AI Connected WordPress Software That Auto Creates Set & Forget Websites!
- ScriptioAI Review – The First To Market and ONLY Tool To Combine The Power Of Google Bard, Microsoft, & ChatGPT To Create Digital Marketing Assets With Ease!
- Zeus Review – The Brand New Set & Forget AI-Powered App Turning TikTok Into A $483/Day Viral Traffic Machine!
- Ink Buddy AI Review – The First To Market AI-Powered App Creates Fully Customized Ebooks, Flipbooks & Other Info Products From A Single Keyword Without Writing A Single Word Or Doing Anything Yourself!
- ResponseKraft Review – The World’s First A.I. App Exploiting Thread, Twitter and Quora And Hijack 2,567 Clicks Daily For 100% Free!