- Eriksson revealed last month that he had been diagnosed with terminal cancer
- Liverpool have confirmed he will be part of their management team next month
- Chris Waddle and Gareth Bale are IN but no David Beckham… CHRIS SUTTON reveals his top 5 Brits to have played abroad – It’s All Kicking Off podcast
Sven-Goran Eriksson will fulfill his dream of managing a Liverpool team after the club confirmed he would be part of their charity legends game next month.
He has revealed that it would be his ‘dream’ to manage Liverpool with the club’s fans and former players including Robbie Fowler calling for him to be in the dugout when LFC Legends face Ajax in a charity match next month.
Liverpool have today confirmed that they have granted the 76-year-old his wise, revealing that he will be part of a management team for the game which is to be held on March 23.
The Reds in a statement said: ‘verpool said: ‘We are delighted to confirm Sven-Goran Eriksson will be part of the LFC Legends management team for the game against Ajax Legends at Anfield, on 23 March.
Liverpool have confirmed that Sven-Goran Eriksson will lead their legends team in a charity game – fulfilling a dying wish of the former England manager
Sven revealed last month that he has been diagnosed with a terminal cancer and that he has been been battling the illness secretly for a year having only told close family and friends
The 76-year-old revealed in an interview since that his dream was to manage Liverpool
He will join Liverpool legends including Ian Rush and John Barnes on the management team
‘The former England boss will join a dugout of LFC greats, including Ian Rush, John Barnes and John Aldridge, for the annual LFC Foundation charity match.
‘All connected with the club and LFC Foundation look forward to warmly welcoming LFC fan Sven and his family to Anfield – and seeing him in the dugout on the day – for a fantastic fundraising occasion.’
Current Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp also gave his approval to Eriksson having a role in next month’s legends game.
‘I heard for the first time about his admiration or love for Liverpool and that he was a fan for his whole life,’ said Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp last month.
‘I heard now about the Legends [game] and stuff like that. I’m not in charge of that.
‘The only thing I can say is absolutely he’s very welcome to come here and he can sit in my seat in my office and do my job for a day if he wants. That’s no problem.
‘Being on the sideline might be a little bit more difficult. To have him here and show him everything and how this wonderful club developed over the years, I think that’s definitely something we will tell him.
‘He can come over and have a few wonderful hours here, I’m sure.’
Eriksson was the first foreign coach to manage England and was in the dugout for their famous 5-1 victory over Germany back in 2001.
He led the side to the quarter-finals of the 2002 and 2006 World Cups as well as Euro 2004.
During his managerial career which spanned from 1977 to 2019, his best success came at Lazio where he won the Serie A title, two Coppa Italia’s, the UEFA Super Cup and UEFA Cup Winners’ Cup.
More to follow…
Source From: Football | Mail Online
- ProfitSGE Review – The Brand New and ONLY Software To Trick ChatGPT Into Sending You MILLIONS Of Unique Visitors For Free!
- AI Infinite Income Hub Review – The Brand New Step-By-Step Untold Online Making Money Secrets To Unlock Your Unexpected Earnings!
- MotioMatic V2 Review – The World’s First Revolutionary Tool, Video Builder, Transforms the Game!
- Ultimate Wealth Builder Review – The Unique System That Will Take You From Newbie To Complete Mastery And Start Getting Results As Early As From Day 1!
- ZapAI Review – The #1 “NexusAI” WhatsApp Autoresponder & Store Builder That Creates and Blasts UNLIMITED “PHONE MESSAGES” To UNLIMITED Contacts!