“The wrong move for him” – German legend slams Woltemade’s transfer to Newcastle

“The wrong move for him” – German legend slams Woltemade’s transfer to Newcastle

By Rune Gjerulff@runegjerulff

Mario Basler believes Nick Woltemade made the wrong decision by joining Newcastle United.

Photo by Lars Baron/Getty Images

Former Germany international Mario Basler believes Nick Woltemade will struggle in the Premier League following his record-breaking €90 million switch from VfB Stuttgart to Newcastle United.

“Woltemade is not worth €90 million, and he will have big problems in Newcastle,” Basler said on his podcast Basler ballert.

“I don’t think Woltemade will be able to establish himself in Newcastle. In my opinion, this was the wrong move for him.”

Earlier this summer, Woltemade had agreed personal terms with Bayern Munich, but the move did not materialise as the German champions couldn’t reach an agreement with Stuttgart.

“Either he should have stayed in Stuttgart for another year, or he should have gone to Munich,” said Basler.

“Everything happened very quickly. An offer came, and he was gone immediately. I think that was a big mistake for this young player’s career, even though he certainly had a great half-season. I believe it was the wrong step. It wasn’t the move for his career that would push him forward,” he stressed.

Woltemade could make his Newcastle debut when the Magpies face Wolverhampton at home this Saturday.




Source From: Bulinews

Source link

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts
This website has updated its privacy policy in compliance with changes to European Union data protection law, for all members globally. We’ve also updated our Privacy Policy to give you more information about your rights and responsibilities with respect to your privacy and personal information. Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our updated privacy policy.
Blogarama - Blog Directory