- Jurrien Timber suffered an ACL injury to his right knee on his league debut
- Arsenal are optimistic Dutch defender will be able to return next month
- Arsenal were planning to play ‘We are The Champions’ after beating Liverpool! What are those ridiculous celebrations about? It’s All Kicking Off podcast
The Netherlands international, 22, suffered an anterior cruciate ligament injury to his right knee that required surgery during Arsenal’s Premier League season opener against Nottingham Forest on August 12.
Timber was making just his second appearance for the Gunners after moving from Ajax last summer.
The centre-back stepped up his rehabilitation in the gym and on grass during Arsenal’s mid-season training camp in Dubai last month.
Mail Sport reported early last month that Arsenal hope Timber will return to action in March.
Arsenal have named Jurrien Timber in their updated Champions League squad list for the knockout rounds in a hint he will return from injury soon
The defender’s return will come as a major boost for Gunners manager Mikel Arteta
Your browser does not support iframes.
His inclusion in the Arsenal squad for the Champions League knockout rounds provides a further hint Timber will return to Mikel Arteta‘s plans soon.
Arsenal take on Porto in the last-16, playing the first leg in Portugal on February 21 with the return game at the Emirates Stadium on March 12.
Timber’s return to fitness will also provide a huge boost as Arsenal chase the Premier League title.
Their 3-1 win over Liverpool on Sunday cut the gap to the leaders to just two points, with Manchester City sandwiched between them. Arsenal’s next game is away to West Ham on Sunday.
Other injured players Thomas Partey, Gabriel Jesus and Fabio Vieira also make the Champions League squad list.
Youngster Lino Sousa was on the original list for the group stages but has since joined Aston Villa.
Full-back Jurrien Timber arrived at the club from Ajax this summer in a deal worth £40m
But the Dutch international would suffer a serious injury in his Premier League debut
Last month, Arteta described Timber’s injury on his Premier League debut as a significant setback.
‘It was a huge blow. Everyone could see from day one what he was going to bring to the team,’ he said.
‘The versatility, the quality, the leadership. And an ability we did not have in the back line.’
Source From: Football | Mail Online
- ProfitSGE Review – The Brand New and ONLY Software To Trick ChatGPT Into Sending You MILLIONS Of Unique Visitors For Free!
- AI Infinite Income Hub Review – The Brand New Step-By-Step Untold Online Making Money Secrets To Unlock Your Unexpected Earnings!
- MotioMatic V2 Review – The World’s First Revolutionary Tool, Video Builder, Transforms the Game!
- Ultimate Wealth Builder Review – The Unique System That Will Take You From Newbie To Complete Mastery And Start Getting Results As Early As From Day 1!
- ZapAI Review – The #1 “NexusAI” WhatsApp Autoresponder & Store Builder That Creates and Blasts UNLIMITED “PHONE MESSAGES” To UNLIMITED Contacts!