- Getafe coach Jose Bordalas has issued an apology for a wrongful claim
- He erroneously said Jude Bellingham was involved in Mason Greenwood’s move
- Listen to the latest episode of Mail Sport’s podcast ‘It’s All Kicking Off’
Bordalas, 59, made a remarkable claim to Radio Marca, stating: ‘Greenwood has a friendship with Bellingham and he recommended that he come and play in the Spanish league.’ Bellingham’s entourage were said to be unhappy about the statement.
Following Getafe’s 3-2 win over Osasuna, which saw Greenwood come off the bench for his club debut, Bordalas clarified the error, as reported by The Athletic. He said: ‘I wanted to clear up a misunderstanding there has been. I said that Mason Greenwood came to Getafe because he had spoken to Bellingham.
‘It has been clarified to me that this was not the case. I apologise. Mason arrived in a different way. It was our interest and they offered him to me and we were very interested. I just wanted to clarify that, it was not a bad intention.’
Getafe coach Jose Bordalas has apologised for wrongly claiming that Real Madrid’s Jude Bellingham was involved in encouraging Mason Greenwood to move to the Spanish league
Bellingham’s entourage were unhappy with Bordalas’s false statement made to Radio Marca
Both players joined LaLiga this summer, albeit in different circumstances. Following an international battle for Bellingham’s signature, the talented England international joined Real Madrid in a multi-million pound transfer from Borussia Dortmund.
Greenwood, who has been told he will not be part of Manchester United’s plans following the conclusion of an internal investigation, joined Getafe on loan on transfer deadline day.
Bordalas was pleased with Greenwood’s performance after coming on as a second half substitute. He said: ‘We were pleasantly surprised, it was a tough match and a tough time. There was a lot of back and forth. He has helped in offensive tasks, he has been very supportive.
‘We are working with patience and tranquility, he has not played for many months. Today must have been a very special day for him. The player wants to compete and play. We have seen the response from the fans and his teammates. We have to be calm. The participation has been remarkable.
Greenwood made his debut for Getafe – on loan from Man United – in Sunday’s LaLiga game
Bordalas said he was ‘pleasantly surprised’ with the way Greenwood performed in the game
‘We are very happy, he is very integrated for such a short period. The language is a handicap, he is with a teacher to try to accelerate the learning of Spanish to have better contact with his teammates. He is having a remarkable start, we are very happy and content.
‘We are on the sidelines of what can be commented, I already clarified it. Now we are only talking about sports, I have told my teammates, we are happy with Mason’s behaviour. It’s good for him.’
Getafe’s next match is against Real Sociedad next Sunday.
In February, rape charges in England were dropped against Greenwood after a key witness pulled out of the investigation and ‘new material came to light’.
Source From: LaLiga News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- FlowCart Review – The Next-GEN App Building Highly Profitable eCom Funnels Preloaded With 100s of Winning Products And Convert 10x More Than Regular eCom Stores!
- PixaSuite AI Review – The World’s First 9-in-1 AI App That Allows Us To Start, Promote, And Scale Any Business In Any Niche!
- LeadPulse Review – Brand New Software To Amplify Lead Generation, Elevate Your Strategies, Multiply Your Leads, And Dominate Your Market Effortlessly!
- Traffic GPT Review – The Brand New Revolutionary Software Generating 100% Free Traffic and Blasting More Profits!
- LearnX Review – The #1 To Market AI System Creates Self-Managed Academy Sites, And Prefill It With Tons of Unique AI-Generated Courses