- Man United wonderkid Kobbie Mainoo has been compared to Paul Scholes
- An ex-United star has heaped praise on the teenager after recent performances
- Chelsea are a mess and it’s hard to find the answers… but they have to keep the faith and stay patient – It’s All Kicking Off podcast
Manchester United wonderkid Kobbie Mainoo has been compared to club legend Paul Scholes by another former Red Devil.
Now, given his impressive form, ex-Red Devil Dimitar Berbatov has compared the youngster to club legend Scholes.
Man United wonderkid Kobbie Mainoo has become a star for the Red Devils during 2023-24
Now, a former Red Devil has compared the youngster to club legend Paul Scholes
Your browser does not support iframes.
‘He had the courage to try something different in the last minute of the game and it was a special moment.
‘Mainoo is a special player, but as with every 18-year-old, we must just let them play because at the moment, Kobbie is just enjoying football in its purest form and that’s what I like to see.
‘You have to go back to the likes of Paul Scholes, Giggsy, Gary Neville, and when that crop of players broke through to see players so young seem so mature.
‘Now with Kobbie, you can see he plays the game with such confidence. He’s composed and he knows how to play the game. Of course, we all hope he’ll get better because he’s still so young. Players like him are special individuals.
‘You see them play at a young age and they clearly have the talent. Now the only thing Kobbie must do is continue developing and work on the weak points of his game that will benefit the team.’
While Mainoo may only have played a handful of games for the Red Devils, he’s quickly asserted himself as one of Erik ten Hag’s most useful players.
Recent statistics showed that the England youngster, compared to other Under 21 players with a minimum of 500 minutes played in the Premier League, ranks fifth in successful passes made.
Ex-United star Berbatov (R) said that, similarly to Scholes, Mainoo is ‘so young’ yet ‘so mature’
Mainoo scored a stunning late winner for Man United during their recent trip to Wolves
Mainoo currently averages 36.29 successful passes per 90, with only Chelsea duo Malo Gusto and Levi Colwill and Brighton stars Carlos Baleba and Jack Hinshelwood producing more.
Within that statistic, we can also see that the youngster boasts the third best passing accuracy, having completed 85.62 per cent of his attempted passes. Again, only Baleba and Gusto do better.
In regard to his range of passing, the United starlet averages the highest number of through balls among his peers.
The 18-year-old’s 0.29 through balls per game see him trump the likes of Chelsea’s Colwill and Newcastle’s Lewis Miley to claim top spot.
Source From: Football | Mail Online
- ProfitSGE Review – The Brand New and ONLY Software To Trick ChatGPT Into Sending You MILLIONS Of Unique Visitors For Free!
- AI Infinite Income Hub Review – The Brand New Step-By-Step Untold Online Making Money Secrets To Unlock Your Unexpected Earnings!
- MotioMatic V2 Review – The World’s First Revolutionary Tool, Video Builder, Transforms the Game!
- Ultimate Wealth Builder Review – The Unique System That Will Take You From Newbie To Complete Mastery And Start Getting Results As Early As From Day 1!
- ZapAI Review – The #1 “NexusAI” WhatsApp Autoresponder & Store Builder That Creates and Blasts UNLIMITED “PHONE MESSAGES” To UNLIMITED Contacts!