- Reyna made his debut for Nottingham Forest in a 1-1 draw against Bournemouth
- Forest’s goalkeeper Matt Turner reached out ahead of the prospective move
- DailyMail.com provides all the latest international sports news
Nottingham Forest goalkeeper Matt Turner revealed he failed to get in touch with USMNT teammate Gio Reyna before the two became teammates at club level.
Reyna, a fellow US international, completed a loan move from Borussia Dortmund to Nottingham Forest just ahead of the transfer deadline.
Turner said he had reached out to Reyna before the transfer was completed but the midfielder failed to even answer his question about the move.
‘I heard some rumblings about it. A friend of mine had messaged me asking if it was true, I hadn’t heard anything about it so I messaged Gio,’ Turner said on the Futbol Americas podcast.
‘True to Gio’s nature he didn’t respond so I thought to myself oh he didn’t answer me so there must be something to that.
Nottingham Forest and USA goalkeeper Matt Turner spoke about Gio Reyna joining the team
Reyna recently joined Nottingham Forest on a loan until the end of the season with no option
‘He had to go through the process on his own, figure out what was the best move for him and his career at that moment. And all I wanted to offer him was an ear if he wanted to bounce any ideas off of or ask any questions about the city and the football club.
‘Um he didn’t use me at all, and he ended up making the decision to come here and it’s been really great having him, having another American here.’
Reyna did ultimately make the move and debuted for Nottingham Forrest only four days later after being substituted on during a 1-1 draw against Bournemouth.
The Dortmund loanee produced an assured display, completing 17 of his 19 passes and winning all four of his duels.
Turner reached out to Reyna ahead of the move but said his teammate did not answer him
Dortmund also announced Reyna signed a one-year contract extension with the German team through the 2025-26 season.
The 21-year-old Reyna had started just one Bundesliga match this season, playing the first half at Eintracht Frankfurt on October 29. He made 10 appearances as a substitute.
The last time Reyna played an entire Bundesliga game was in March 2022. He hasn’t started two Bundesliga games in a row since August 2021.
Dortmund’s signing of Jadon Sancho on loan from Manchester United added to the competition for places in the attacking midfield and winger positions where Reyna had been playing.
Source From: Football | Mail Online
- ProfitSGE Review – The Brand New and ONLY Software To Trick ChatGPT Into Sending You MILLIONS Of Unique Visitors For Free!
- AI Infinite Income Hub Review – The Brand New Step-By-Step Untold Online Making Money Secrets To Unlock Your Unexpected Earnings!
- MotioMatic V2 Review – The World’s First Revolutionary Tool, Video Builder, Transforms the Game!
- Ultimate Wealth Builder Review – The Unique System That Will Take You From Newbie To Complete Mastery And Start Getting Results As Early As From Day 1!
- ZapAI Review – The #1 “NexusAI” WhatsApp Autoresponder & Store Builder That Creates and Blasts UNLIMITED “PHONE MESSAGES” To UNLIMITED Contacts!