- The Arsenal goalkeeper was at fault for two of Luton’s goals on Tuesday night
- The Gunners had gone 2-1 up before David Raya had conceded the two errors
- This HAS to be the time when players show respect and control. Only the captain should approach referees – Listen to It’s All Kicking Off
It comes amid the manager’s comments this season that his goalkeepers are interchangeable, with Raya rising ahead of Aaron Ramsdale in the Spanish manager’s pecking order to start in all but one of Arsenal’s last 11 matches.
On Tuesday, Raya’s performance came under scrutiny, after he flapped at Alfie Doughty’s corner and allowed Elija Adebayo to score an equaliser at 2-2, before he failed to stop a strike from Ross Barkley, allowing the ball to go underneath him.
After the match, Arteta was asked about the two mistakes by an Amazon Prime Sport reporter, who said: ‘There is a lot of talk about the goalkeeper situation at the moment. Is it fair to say two of goals were gifted to Luton?’
But Arteta flatly deflected away from the response, before delivering a frosty response, saying: ‘I am so happy with the team.’
Mikel Arteta has deflected questions over David Raya’s performance in Arsenal’s 4-3 win against Luton
Raya made two errors that allowed Luton to score, the first came as he flapped at a corner, allowing Elijah Adebayo to head home from close range
Your browser does not support iframes.
The reporter pressed again, asking: ‘Have you spoken to David Raya?’
But the Gunners boss again, said: ‘I spoke with all of them. They are all jumping. They’re so happy. So I’m a really happy manager today.’
Tuesday night was the first time Arsenal have conceded three goals away from home in the Premier League this season and the manager lumped praise on Luton for how they attacked Arsenal.
‘It happens credit to them as well,’ he said on conceding three goals and of their opponents.
‘Their delivery was excellent and their finishing was excellent and sometimes we just need to applaud the opponent because they did what they did and a big credit to them because they are a really difficult side to beat. It was a tough night.’
He also allowed a shot from Ross Barkley to go underneath him, allowing Luton to go 3-2 up
During the match, commentator Ally McCoist said on Raya’s first mistake: ‘Horrible for the keeper. Horrible. Ross Barkley and Luton won’t mind though. Neither will Rob Edwards.’
‘I thought he [Raya] Should have done better on the second goal, but he should definitely have done better on the third goal.
‘It is close to him but he’s got to be saving that mate. Got to be saving that. Just thought it was great strength from Barkley.’
The Gunners boss has previously rejected claims that Raya is struggling with the pressure to compete alongside Ramsdale, with the English shot-stopper now being monitored by rival clubs after he has fallen out of favour.
Source From: Premier League News, Fixtures and Results | Mail Online
- ProfitSGE Review – The Brand New and ONLY Software To Trick ChatGPT Into Sending You MILLIONS Of Unique Visitors For Free!
- AI Infinite Income Hub Review – The Brand New Step-By-Step Untold Online Making Money Secrets To Unlock Your Unexpected Earnings!
- MotioMatic V2 Review – The World’s First Revolutionary Tool, Video Builder, Transforms the Game!
- Ultimate Wealth Builder Review – The Unique System That Will Take You From Newbie To Complete Mastery And Start Getting Results As Early As From Day 1!
- ZapAI Review – The #1 “NexusAI” WhatsApp Autoresponder & Store Builder That Creates and Blasts UNLIMITED “PHONE MESSAGES” To UNLIMITED Contacts!